BREACH OF CONTRACT & BUSINESS TORTS
- Prosecution of claims against distributors, employees, managers, suppliers and customers.
- Shanghai King Mount Enterprises Ltd. v. Wagic, Inc. (sale of goods subject to the Vienna Convention)
- CoolSystems, Inc. v. Crosslink (breach of distribution agreement by Georgia defendant)
- CoolSystems, Inc. v. Marti Medical, Inc. (breach of distribution agreement, conversion by Florida defendant)
- Defense against claims by vendors, suppliers, investors and land owners.
- BPA Technologies, Inc. v. Sony Entertainment Computer America LLC (alleged breach of professional services contract)
- Zhenhua Logistics (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. v. Metamining, Inc. (alleged breach of contract & fraudulent transfers; attachment, preliminary injunction)
- Agri-Systems, Inc. v. Foster Poultry Farms (construction and design defect claim in arbitration and on appeal)
- Prosecution of claims against insurance carriers including general liability, D&O, E&O, life insurance and other types of coverage.
- Analysis and negotiation of disputes with insurance carriers.
Land Rights & Commercial Leases
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in numerous land rights cases involving enforcement or acquisition of easement rights, encroachment of property rights, trespass and quiet title claims.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company v. Rogers (encroachment)
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company v. Cabot Boulevard-Hayward Property, LP (denial of access)
- Intellectual property litigation, licensing and distribution agreements. Representation of early to late stage medical device entities in domestic and international distribution agreements, sponsorship/endorsement agreements, intellectual property protection and enforcement.
- Representation of computer software and mobile app developers and inventors in corporate governance, intellectual property protection and enforcement.
- Representation of corporate board members, corporate management and shareholders in a wide range of governance issues/disputes.
- General counsel representation of start-up enterprises with business-driven advice at all stages of development, including counseling, structuring, and negotiating transactions and acquisitions for vineyards and wineries, restaurant and food service industries, and clothing design and marketing services.