We know our clients want to know about Lee Law’s specific expertise and experience in areas of the law that concern them. We represent small and large companies in disputes ranging from several hundred thousand to several million dollars. A sample of Lee Law’s recent engagements includes the following:
BREACH OF CONTRACT AND BUSINESS TORTS:
- Prosecution of claims against distributors, employees, managers, suppliers and customers.
Shanghai King Mount Enterprises Ltd. v. Wagic, Inc. (sale of goods subject to the Vienna Convention)
CoolSystems, Inc. v. Crosslink (breach of distribution agreement by Georgia defendant)
CoolSystems, Inc. v. Marti Medical, Inc. (breach of distribution agreement, conversion by Florida defendant)
Bergman et al. v. CMR Mortgage and Realty, Inc. et al. (class and derivative action against manager of investment funds in bankruptcy court setting)
- Defense against claims by vendors, suppliers, investors and land owners.
BPA Technologies, Inc. v. Sony Entertainment Computer America LLC (alleged breach of professional services contract)
Zhenhua Logistics (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. v. Metamining, Inc. (alleged breach of contract & fraudulent transfers; attachment, preliminary injunction)
City of Stockton v. Pacific Gas & Electric Company (reimbursement of construction costs)
Agri-Systems, Inc. v. Foster Poultry Farms (construction and design defect claim in arbitration and on appeal)
- Prosecution of claims against insurance carriers.
Advanced Mobile Hospital Systems, Inc. v. Continental Insurance Co. (coverage for trade disparagement claim)
- Analysis and negotiation of disputes with insurance carriers.
- Coverage under errors and omissions policy for claims against provider of medical billing services.
- Advice to committee of equity holders on maximizing insurance recovery in bankruptcy.
- Coverage for bodily injury claims.
- Resolution of a Stranger Owned Life Insurance dispute.
- Coverage under Owner Controlled Insurance Program for construction defect claims.
LAND RIGHTS AND COMMERCIAL LEASES:
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in numerous land rights cases involving enforcement or acquisition of easement rights, encroachment of property rights, trespass and quiet title claims.
Pacific Gas & Electric Company v. Rogers (encroachment)
Pacific Gas & Electric Company v. Cabot Boulevard-Hayward Property, LP (denial of access)
- Intellectual property litigation, licensing and distribution agreements. Representation of early to late stage medical device entities in domestic and international distribution agreements, sponsorship/endorsement agreements, intellectual property protection and enforcement.
- Representation of computer software and mobile app developers and inventors in corporate governance, intellectual property protection and enforcement.
- Representation of corporate board members, corporate management and shareholders in a wide range of governance issues/disputes.
- General counsel representation of start-up enterprises with business-driven advice at all stages of development, including counseling, structuring, and negotiating transactions and acquisitions for vineyards and wineries, restaurant and food service industries, and clothing design and marketing services.